Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: technical question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member glinwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2007
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has been years since I dealt with Super 8 and I was happy to find this site. My question is, is it possible that Super 8 with sound could be developed and the audio comes through but the film is blank? If so, what are some of the reasons that might happen?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by klutch:
    It has been years since I dealt with Super 8 and I was happy to find this site. My question is, is it possible that Super 8 with sound could be developed and the audio comes through but the film is blank? If so, what are some of the reasons that might happen?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">If you have anymore sound film I would not use it until you get a silent cartridge to expose properly and also that you understand why it exposed properly.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Andrew Kempees's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats an easy one, The sound is put on by the camera & stays there. The film not the sound track is what is developed. How old was the film that you started with ? Sound film went out more than a few years ago. I know because I have Super-8 sound equipment & became VERY upset when Kodak did not make it anymore. Best Regards,Andrew Kempees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •